We are now accepting applications for the 7th Annual Japanese Festival “Omatsuri”!
We have been extremely fortunate over the past several years to have attracted such a great group of entertainers and are looking forward to bringing another terrific group together for this year’s Festival. This event continues to grow from year to year, from 1200 attendees at our first Festival in 2011 to over 7000 people in 2016. All performers will be highlighted on our website and through our festival programs which offers great exposure for new as well as established artists.
Because of the nature of the Festival, our focus will be on trying to find performers and groups who embrace Japanese culture and traditions, applications will be approved based on the suitability for our attendees.
If you have any questions regarding our entertainment schedule, please send email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: June 15, 2017
- Date: Saturday, August 12, 2017
- Hours: 11:00 AM – 6:00 PM
- Location: Max Bell Centre
We encourage all participants to use the LRT if at all possible as parking will be limited at the event.
- Performers/Groups will be allotted time based on stage availability and logistics, we will do our best to accommodate all requests, but the choices and timing of each performance will be at the final discretion of the committee. It is important that this application form is completed and submitted before the deadline date of June 15, 2017. The 2017 Entertainment program should be finalized by July 15, 2017 and will posted on our website as soon as all acts have been confirmed.
- Performers/Groups will be provided with a stage, a stage manager, a sound technician and a bilingual (Japanese/English) liaison at the venue if required. Please ensure you detail all requirements, equipment and special setup (if any) needed for your performance. Performers are welcome to use the microphones available (wireless handheld devices).
- A separate room (if required) will be available to be used as a dressing room, we will have a coat-check available for short-term storage, please do not leave anything of value in the dressing rooms. The festival shall not be held responsible for any loss, damaged or stolen goods and/or equipment. Performers are required to ensure the safety and security of their valuables and belongings.
- Performers/Groups must register all participants by July 31, 2017. Each participant who is registered under the group will be given free admission and food tickets for the event. Participants who are not registered in advance will not be allowed to perform with their groups.
- In exchange for their participation in the event, Performers/Groups will receive recognition on our website and in our official program.
All performers/groups will be responsible for:
- Providing all materials necessary for their performance, including but not limited to music (ex: CD, equipment, additional extension cords), props, mats and any other items that are required for the performance.
- Communicating with the Entertainment Coordinator via email (email@example.com) with any requests or changes in your performance. We need to be notified immediately if any issues arise that could cause the performer to cancel their performance.
- All Performer/Groups are required to check in with the stage manager at least 30 minutes prior to their sound check/performance time.
- Getting ready for their performance on time and dismantling or removing all materials from the stage in time for the next performers to set up.
- All participating members of the group (including staff) must be on our registration list and sign a Release of Liability and Waiver of Claim form in advance. Waivers will be emailed to the group leader who will be responsible for ensuring all participants sign the form and return it to the entertainment coordinator by the registration deadline of July 31, 2017.
Due to the nature of the festival, this event may be covered by local media, the Omatsuri staff and the general public. By submitting the following Performer Application Form, the performer(s) grants the Calgary Japanese Festival “Omatsuri” and other media groups the right to use their name, photographs and video footage to advertise and promote the Festival for the current and subsequent years for advertising purposes in print, web and television.