Thank you for your interest in the Entertainment program for the 6th Annual Calgary Japanese Festival “Omatsuri”. If you would like to perform at this year’s event, please read the following information and submit your completed application form below:
- Performers/Groups will be allotted time based on stage availability and logistics, we will do our best to accommodate all requests, but the choices and timing of each performance will be at the final discretion of the committee. It is important that this application form is completed and submitted before the deadline date of June 15, 2016. The 2016 Entertainment program should be finalized by July 15, 2016 and will posted on our website as soon as all acts have been confirmed.
- Performers/Groups will be provided with a stage, a stage manager, a sound technician and a bilingual (Japanese/English) liaison at the venue if required. Please ensure you detail all requirements, equipment and special setup (if any) needed for your performance. Performers are welcome to use the microphones available (wireless handheld devices).
- A separate room (if required) will be available to be used as a dressing room and short-term storage. The festival shall not be held responsible for any loss, damaged or stolen goods and/or equipment. Performers are required to ensure the safety and security of their valuables and belongings.
- Performers/Groups will be given free admission and food tickets for the event, the number of which shall be determined based on the performer’s requirements and as arranged in advance with the Entertainment Coordinator.
- In exchange for their participation in the event, Performers/Groups will receive recognition on our website and in our official program.
All performers/groups will be responsible for:
- Providing all materials necessary for their performance, including but not limited to music (ex: CD), equipment (ex: additional extension cords), props, mats and any other items that are required for the performance.
- Communicating with the Entertainment Coordinator via email (email@example.com) with any requests or changes in your performance. We need to be notified immediately if any issues arise that could cause the performer to cancel their performance.
- All Performer/Groups are required to check in with the stage manager at least 30 minutes prior to their sound check/performance time.
- Getting ready for their performance on time and dismantling or removing all materials from the stage in time for the next performers to set up.
- All participating members of the group (including staff) must sign a Release of Liability and Waiver of Claim form upon registration at the Festival.
Due to the nature of the festival, this event may be covered by local media, the Omatsuri staff and the general public. By submitting the Performer Application Form, the performer(s) grants the Calgary Japanese Festival “Omatsuri” and other media groups the right to use their name, photographs and video footage to advertise and promote the Festival for the current and subsequent years for advertising purposes in print, web and television.